Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tacos....

I grew up on eating tacos once a week.  Every Sunday morning my mom would start her process of making homemade refried beans.  My dad would start browning the meat for tacos and fry up the corn tortilla taco shells.    My job was to cut the cheese...ha ha, yeah I really did just shred the cheese, but telling me to "cut the cheese" was always hilarious to my dad.  *MEN*  The smell of our little Sunday family dinner was amazing!! The neighbor kids referred to my dad as "Mr Taco" because it was our little tradition. 

We are such a busy family now, that we don't have traditions like that with the boys, but oh how I wished we did.  But when I do make tacos, I tell my little fellas all the funny stories about when I was little, it brings back such sweet memories.

My fellas love tacos and love my silly stories too!  So I try to make tacos as often as I can, but when it's football season, there isn't much time.  I have come to love my Crock Pot chicken tacos...and my fellas think that they taste better than their most favorite Mexican restaurant in town.  I love that and even love that they are so easy to make! 


Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
6 frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts
1 package of taco seasoning
1 jar of salsa (My favorite is the Market Pantry found at Target...the one with the corn! YUM)

Toss in the chicken, seasoning and then the salsa on top)  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8 hours until chicken shreds up really easily.

I like to fry my own taco shells in canola oil if time permits, but serving on a soft warm corn tortilla is just as yummy.  We top our tacos with lettuce, shredded cheese (I cut myself! HA) more salsa and sometimes sour cream, depending on our mood.  Super easy!   I also serve with rice and refried beans purchased from the Mexican store in town during football season, or homemade on any given weekend in the winter!

Hope you enjoy our quick, easy and very inexpensive dinner!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment